Thursday, February 4, 2010

Crazy times calls for crazy foods!

WOW!
We have had a really busy couple of weeks. Between trying to get 100 miles ran in the month of January (only getting 93...sad...), school starting back up, the loss of a very dear friend, and traveling to Colorado, we have been a little out of sorts. I feel awful I've been neglecting my blog.

I just put six different food pictures on my desktop so every time I get on my computer, I'll be reminded that I have a blog to write! This one is going to be pretty short and sweet.

Have you watched Man v. Food yet? We get it on our instant stream and I have to admit, I love watching this show. 1. It reminds me why I've chosen a vegan lifestyle. 2. It makes me laugh when I realize how many places in America are all about how much food you can shove down your gullet. 3. It sometimes makes me want to recreate the food. Sometimes. Plus, I think Adam is adorable in a Fred Savage sort of way.

Anyway. Adam went to Detroit to taste some Coney Dogs (which I've always called a Chili Dog, but tomato, tomaaato.) and it made me really really really want one. Lucky for me, Cody is always in the mood for my CHILI, so I made a batch, knowing there would be leftovers. I went to my favorite Sunflower Market the next day, picked up some Smart Dogs and buns, and created my own Coney Dog.

Cody pointed out that the Smart Dogs aren't all that great. If you are fond of the taste of meat bi-products, you might not like these mock dogs. I, however, think they're swell. I fried them up in a pan over medium heat, put them in a toasted bun, then smothered them with hot chili and yellow mustard. The chili and the mustard is enough to cover the slightly-bland taste of the Smart Dogs and the amount of protein and potassium you get is outrageous. Plus, when you read the label to your Smart Dogs, you know and are familiar with every. last. ingredient. Amazing, right?



I'm Elizabeth Bond, and today, in the battle of Woman v. Recreating Food, Woman definitely won.

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute. I miss you so much. I feel so bad for not being here for you more over the last month. Can we catch up this weekend? Even if it's just by chatting on Facebook or something?
    Love you!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!