Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's a Wrap!

A friend of mine asked me this week if I would get some posts up that are easy, healthy lunch options so he can get rid of fast food. I'm up for a challenge, especially one that is beneficial to people I care about! It always makes me happy to see people make positive changes in their lives, whether they're giving up sugar or boycotting processed foods. The next few posts are going to be lunch-friendly, heating not necessary, carry in a brown paper bag lunches!



Veggie Wrap
Prep time: 5 minutes

1 large wrap, I prefer Mission Garden Spinach Wraps
2-4 tbsp hummus, any kind will do!
1/4-1/2 cup baby spinach
1 carrot, shredded
1/4 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
A few olives, chopped (I'm obsessed with kalamata!)
Whatever else tickles your fancy! (Cody had jalapenos. You could add tomatoes, bean sprouts, lettuce, peppers, whatever is in your fridge!)

1. Lay your wrap on a large plate or clean work surface. Smother the center with a thick layer of hummus. Top with all of your vegetables and roll the side once. Folding in the two perpendicular sides, carefully and tightly roll the longer side the rest of the way. I really hope that made sense. If it didn't, swing by your local Mexican restaurant and ask if you can watch them roll a burrito. :)

*NOTE: If you're packing this to work and you're not going to eat it for a few hours, I would wait to put the hummus in. It's going to make your wrap soggy. Consider using it to dip, or just spread on each bite.



Tune in the rest of the week when I post a delicious bean salad that Cody & I worked on together. I suppose I'll also put up my recipe for kale chips. I've been showing them off so much. It just doesn't seem fair not to.

1 comment:

  1. That looked delicious! I'll be in need of lunch idea once I go back to Canada!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!