Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Things that I am thankful for...

It took me such a long time to get this blog up and running, but it was well worth it. Cody doesn't write as much as he used to, but he's so busy with school, I'll let it slide. :) This blog has been so much fun and I'm so glad that I can share the food I cook with my family, my friends, and with people I don't even know.

I'm so thankful that I get to watch a wonderful little boy grow up with his wonderful parents, Dawn & Clive. The Benbow Family are some of my favorite people and even though they're on the other side of the world, I know I will always get to see and hear how they're doing.

Cody & I have some of the greatest friends in the world thanks to the Marine Corps. I don't know where I'd be without them. I hate that they're spread out all over the planet, but again, this blog helps me keep up with what they're doing and where they're going. Leslie makes me laugh like it's nobody's business...a laugh much like her own! :)

I can't even remember at this point how I came across this blog, but Erin, the fashion designer, runner, lover of foods, coffee, and beer over ice, has become someone I rely on throughout my day. She's inspiring, thoughtful, and so much fun. Even though I've never met her and may not ever, I'm so glad she's around!

If I were to tell you that two small-town girls from New Hampshire both became vegan and moved completely different states to be with their significant others and they didn't have the slightest idea that they were so alike, you might think "ok, so they're both from New Hampshire, big deal." WRONG. Have you seen the size of New Hampshire? Finding someone else who even knows where it is, let alone grew up there, is difficult! After cooking almost everything on her vegan blog, Jaclyn emailed me to let me know that she was also from my home state. We chatted, joked, and both found it such a bizarre coincidence that we were so alike. It absolutely made my week...and her food does, too!

Thanks to those of you who read this blog. Thanks to those of you who cook the food I write about. Thanks to those of you who make small (or large) changes to help the environment (yes, Deidra, I'm a hippie). Thanks to my wonderful, beautiful, loving family.

Oh yeah, and a BIG thanks to those of you going to the Jacob Memorial Walk this weekend. It means a lot to all of us, and to the children at Dartmouth.



2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, thank you so much for this!!!! You are so sweet. Guess New Hampshire makes people who are awesome!!! And can you even believe how good those omelets are???? I have a scalloped potatoes recipe and a chocolate peanut butter bar recipe to post that you're gonna love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw I didn't even see this one, thanks for the shout out...I love you too BFF!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!