Sunday, September 13, 2009

If I got to open the envelope...

...Rob Pattinson would so be the presenter with me. For realzies. That is, of course, only if David Beckham didn't insist that he was the copresenter.

I went on and on about a few things that I love a few posts ago, and my wonderful newfound friend, Erin, was (and still is) one of those things. Especially since she keeps awarding me blog awards! Woo hoo! Now it's my turn to pass it along!



1. Better Together
2. Out of Africa
3. Jaclyn's Vegan Yumminess
4. Skinny Runner
5. The Voracious Vegan
6. Cupcake Kitteh
7. My beautiful sister...

Now for the 7 unique things about me to go along with it.......

1. There are 7 kids in my family and I love them more than I can stand sometimes. Jennifer, I couldn't be more proud of you and everything you've overcome the past few years, it makes me so happy to see you so happy. Miranda, you're my best friend and the strongest woman I know. Jacob was so lucky to have you for a mom and so are Hannah and Jada. I love you. Joey, you're originality and love for giving to everyone around you makes you who you are and I love you for it. Kelley, I can't believe how grown up you are. Sometimes when I look at you, you're still an 8 year old girl with beanie babies and drawings. You're the best little sister in the world. Paul, I'm so excited to be friends with you. I really hope over the next few years we get to know each other better. Dane, your taste in music alone makes me love you to pieces! Come visit us!

2. When I tell people I'm a classically trained pianist, it sounds kinda hoity-toity, but really, I'm a classically trained pianist. My mom taught me how to read music when I was three and I was absolutely hooked. My great-uncle gave me his piano and it became my favorite thing. I have been playing for 24 years. For those of you who can't put this into perspective, I have been playing piano longer than my husband has been alive. Key-tinklin' cougar!

3. Once I find a place for everything in my house, it pretty much ends up staying there. "Everything has its place, and every place has its thing." Couldn't be more me. I hate clutter, I hate mess, I hate dirt...whoever said cleanliness is next to godliness may have been on to something, but for me, cleanliness is next to sanity.

4. I love to cook. I love being creative. I love flavor. I love watching my husband devour food that I make for him. For me, it's one of the many ways that I can show him how much I love him. I'm keeping him healthy, yet keeping his tastebuds happy. I love feeding other people. I can't remember the last Thanksgiving I cooked that didn't feed 12 people. This year might be a first, so please, if you're around or have no where to go on Thanksgiving, COME TO MY HOUSE! :)

5. I used to always say I didn't like girls. You know, they're catty, backstabbing, gossipers...all things I believe still stand true for a good majority of our lot. The truth is, I love having girlfriends! It was just those girls I couldn't stand. There were so many around me all the time, I thought there was something wrong with me! That's why the few wonderful friends I have now are slim in numbers, but great in personality. I refuse to surround myself with girls that suck, make me feel bad about myself, or have no personality. (I guess I can't really refuse to do that...sometimes we have no choice in the matter...but those type of girls will never be let in on my life.)

6. My husband and I only dated for 7 months before we got married. Crazy, yes. I look at other people who do that and think they're nuts. We just knew we couldn't live without each other. He was in Japan for 3 months and my heart broke a little more every day that he was gone. I'm sure there are other people who thought (or think) we were nuts, but since we're still ridiculously happy after 4 years, even after major life changes, those people can shove it. He's my best friend and the man I love more than anything in this world. He's a great husband, a great family member, and he's going to be an even better father. I might just be the luckiest girl in the world.

7. New Hampshire is my home. No matter how far I go, how much I fall in love with my surroundings, nothing makes me feel more at home than being in New Hampshire. The smells, the weather, the roads, the green...it's the best place in the world. Japan was fun, but lets face it, it's Japan. New Mexico has perfect weather and great sunsets, but everything is dusty and dry and clay-colored. For me, home is where the heart is, so no matter where I go with Cody, that will be my home. But New Hampshire holds a soft spot like no other and I could die happy if we ended up near there one day. I chalk it up to having such a great childhood and loving my mom and dad and siblings so much. I'm a small town girl at heart and would love it if my kids had the same opportunities I did.

XO

3 comments:

  1. Ah! You're so amazing! I love your responses. And I'm so happy we're friends! I actually just checked, and I got yet another award this morning, I am so flattered, and this time, I don't think I'm supposed to nominate anyone, but if I do, I'd nominate you again in a minute! How fun and silly this blogging world is, huh? Hope you had a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks love!

    I totally thought about you when they played the New Moon preview last night!

    Just saw about your job, so sorry! :(

    Oh, and I may be joining you in the vegan or really more the vegetarian world (just not sure I can give up cheese!!). Instead of surgery right away I'm looking at diet change and some other stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheese was the hardest thing for me, too, but it's doable, I promise!

    You can't talk to me about New Moon. I might die with anticipation. I'm hoping it's better than Twilight. What'd you think of the books?

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!