Tuesday, September 22, 2009

French Toast

Breakfast is probably my favorite meal ever. It can be sweet and decadent, or stuffed and cheezy...breakfast can really be anything you want. You can eat it early in the morning, or even switch it up and make it for dinner! I found this recipe in How it all vegan! and simply had to try it. French toast is one of my all time favies because...duh...I'm french. Haha...not entirely true, but come on! Who doesn't love french toast!



Fabulous French Toast
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes


1 1/2 cups soy milk
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp sweetener (I'm assuming sugar of some sort...which is what I used...sugar...)
1 tsp cinnamon
8-10 bread slices

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, flour, yeast, sweetener, and cinnamon vigorously. Soak 1 slice of bread in batter until bread is gooey.

2. Fry in a non-stick pan or a lightly oiled frying pan on medium heat until golden. Flip and fry other side. Repeat until batter is gone.

3. Garnish with fruit and maple syrup. Makes 8-10 slices.



I topped the hot pieces with soy butter and maple syrup...the fake kind, not the real kind, because I like the fake kind better. I know, crazy. Cody & I both ate every last piece of this french toast. It was crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside. Some of the pieces were a little bit too gooey, if you ask me, which you should. :) I would probably not soak the bread as long next time, but that's just me. You might like gooey french toast! Anyway, this was amazing and I highly, recommend it! Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy!! I have the same plate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I are so alike. I LOVE french toast! So yummy. I used to make it with King's Hawaiian bread, although I have no idea now if it's vegan or not! I should check...
    How are you? What have you been up to? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. King's Hawaiian bread is soooo tasty! They used to have this bread in Japan that had the same consistency but it had streaks of dark chocolate bread going through it. I could eat a whole loaf!

    I'm so good. I think I got a job...waitressing...which is good since I'm good at it and I love food. :) It'll give me more time for school, too. How are you? I'm super impressed with your runway photo, not gonna lie!

    Jaclyn, I feel like I haven't talked to you in AGES! I need new recipes up! You're recipes are too good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!