Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Primal Spirit Foods Jerky

Happy Hump Day, blogosphere! I hope you're all finding yourself in good spirits and good weather. And Happy Cinco de Mayo! As someone who served and a wife of someone who served, I think it's so great that our country and most of its people are able to enjoy such an eclectic array of holidays. We're pretty lucky!

One of the things I find myself missing most, aside from cheese, is jerky. Cody's aunt makes some preeeeety tasty homemade jerky and she sends it out by the box. From teriyaki to pepper, she makes some great flavors. Unfortunately, the whole thought of actually consuming real, dried, animal flesh makes me a little nauseous. Ugh. Lucky for us, there's Primal Spirit Foods!!! The fabulous people from Primal Spirit sent me a bunch of their jerky: some for me to try and some for me to giveaway!!!!!



Cody & I both took a turn tasting these perfectly packaged treats. Here's what we thought!

Thai Peanut: We were kind of hoping for more heat. When I think Thai, I think spicy. It was super moist, so not quite jerky, but the texture was neat. I did like the peanut taste, but I wouldn't call it "Thai".

Hickory Smoked: GREAT FLAVOR!!! The texture was right on, too. This one is soy, which I think helps the texture and its chewiness. This one rocked!

Teriyaki: This one also rocked the flavor. It kind of fell apart, though. More like fillet mignon than jerky.

Hot & Spicy: This WAS, in fact, hot and spicy. It's also shitake mushroom, so it was good and chewy.

Texas BBQ: This one kinda fell apart on us. I do love a good BBQ, though! Maybe they should make this one a tad bit bigger than the rest since apparently everything is bigger in Texas?

Mesquite Lime: WOW!!! This one got your sucker puckered! It's definitely lime, that's for sure. By far the best texture, too!

Do you want to try these protein-packed snacks? I'm giving away one of each, so if you're intrigued, enter the giveaway! Here are the rules:

1. Leave a comment telling me why you want to try Primal Spirit Foods Jerky. (REQUIRED)

EXTRA CHANCES:

2. Leave a separate comment telling me which flavor you want to try!

3. Go to Primal Spirit Foods and leave a separate comment telling me something you learned...or something you already knew.

4. Tweet about it! Leave a link via comment telling me you did so!

5. Got Facebook? MySpace? Leave another comment telling me that you shamelessly plugged me.

6. Got a blog? Link back...and leave THREE comments linking back, including the link!

Get on it, folks! This is some tasty, unique shtuff. Happy Wednesday!

PS: Looking for some fun, safe, playtime stuff for the kiddos? Check out my friend's blog, Reaping What I Sow. She's giving away gluten free clay from AromaPlay. You don't want to miss out on this!!!

31 comments:

  1. I want to try primal spirit foods jerky cause I freakin love jerky, and most of my jerky experiences (haha) have been from Jack Links jerky. It isn't bad but I remember one time that Cody brought some venison jerky from Oregon to work(I think) and it was miles above Jack links in taste and texture. So basically, if you guys are giving this the Bond seal of approval, I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really like to try hickory smoked and terayaki the most. I can't really decide between those two. Usually I'm a terayaki guy, but yall say the hickory smoked is ballin so I want some!

    Oh, and lime jerky? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try those jerky because I never really trust the jerky made of me. Call me crazy but the idea of dried up meat is kinda gross to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally go for the hot ans spicy! I love shiitake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to the website and learned that primal spirit sells its products in Quebec as well... In HUDSON! That's like in the middle of NOWHERE!! I was expecting Montreal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, one thing that I didn't know about primal spirit jerky is...that there even was a vegan alternative to jerky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to try this jerky because I want to convince my husband that meat doesnt actually HAVE to be in everything...One day I will win this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I want to try two different ones...hickory smoked and hot and spicy...I like my heat! But I also like hickory, and I trust that you say its the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I learned that they are in West VA, and thats pretty darn close to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blogged it! #1
    http://reapingwhatisow.blogspot.com/2010/05/etsy-love_05.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to try Primal Strips because you're so excited about them! It's rubbing off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to try Mesquite Lime...I've never seen this before, and I think it would be AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! In a test in Men's Health, in a blind taste test, people thought the Primal Strips were real meat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i want to try them because the stats look awesome, and i need new snack ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i really want to try the mesquite flavor because i love love love lime :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i went to their site and learned that you can make veg jerky out of shiitake mushrooms. that is so freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. tweeted about it @figureei8ht

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to try Hot and Spicy because I forget what that one tastes like!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to try this stuff because my sister, YOU, says it's good! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to try the Thai Peanut because I don't really like spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want to try this jerky because I'm a relatively new vegan! Always looking for new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't I want to try every flavor???

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know me I'm always up for trying new food especially anything you suggest!

    ReplyDelete
  24. mesquite lime and hickory smoked... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  25. on the blog:
    http://mrsgreathouse.blogspot.com/2010/05/exciting-news-cinco-jerky.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!