Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Vegetable Pot Pie

This week has been one of those weeks where I look in my pantry/fridge and think, "What can I cook for dinner tonight?" Cody & I are really frugal when it comes to grocery shopping; we make one big trip a month and just go to the market for odds and ends. We've been waiting to go this month since MY SISTER & HER DAUGHTERS ARE GOING TO BE HERE TONIGHT!!!

I spent the entire day Sunday cleaning my house, inside and out. I didn't really feel like cooking something crazy, but I also was famished and knew a sandwich wouldn't do. I took a few peeks in the fridge and this is what I came up with.



Vegetable Pot Pie
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes




1 15-oz can peas & carrots, drained
3 potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cups plain soymilk
2 tsp Vegetable Better Than Boullion (or two boullion cubes)
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
2-3 tbsp cornstarch mixed with water to make slurry
1 Pillsbury Crescent Creations

1. Preheat oven to 350° F. In a medium sauce pan, add potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender. Drain; combine with peas & carrots.

2. In a small sauce pan, heat the soymilk, boullion, oregano, and black pepper (and any other spice you think might go well!). Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Slowly add the slurry, making sure to stir. Boil until desired thickness.

3. Place the vegetables in a casserole dish. Cover with the sauce, then cover with the Pillsbury Crescent Creation, making sure to cover the vegetables completely. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.



I must say, this was super easy & super tasty! There were a few too many peas in there for me as they are not my favorite, but it was still good. Especially as leftovers! Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! If only I could eat those little Pilsbury things. They're not gluten free are they?
    Great news! I've re-introduced rice into my diet and it's going well! No bloated tummy. I'm also working on almonds.
    But the other day I had a Tofutti Cutie ice cream sandwich and broke out in hives. Wheat. It's wheat. I can't eat wheat and I know it. Bummer.
    Have fun with your sis and the girls! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures!!!
    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good it makes me want to put on a sweaty old tank top, sit back in a Lazy-Boy chair, and yell to my wife (in my best Archie Bunker voice) to make me a (vegan) pot pie! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!