Saturday, August 8, 2009

Spinach Balls

For our housewarming party a few months ago, I created a spread of delicious vegan appetizers for everyone to munch on. Yes, they were delicious. Yes, they were labeled. That's how I roll. Anyway, I decided to put a poll up on the blog to see which recipe I should post up. I posted the Red Chile Tofu up just because I made that for dinner, too, and it was just killer. I couldn't NOT put it up. There were a few other things, too, like hummus, which might go up at a later date in time. However, much to my pleasant surprise, the winner was my gram's Spinach Balls that my sister sent me the recipe for.

These Spinach Balls taste like home. If you know what I'm talking about, great. If not, start making these for special occasions and never stop because they're delicious, easy, and everyone loves them.



Gram's Spinach Balls
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes


2 pk frozen spinach, thawed
3/4 c melted marg
2 c stuffing
4 egg replacers (I used flaxseed)
1/2 c parm cheese (Veggy Parm is really good!)

1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Squeeze all the liquid from the thawed spinach. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until completely combined.

2. Put on a lightly greased baking sheet and cook till they start getting brown and crispy on top, about 20 minutes.



You can serve these hot or cold, for lunch or dinner, to kids and grown ups alike! What a tasty, versatile snack!

1 comment:

  1. They look great Beth! I wish I could have tried them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!