Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bean & Potato Casserole

Today's recipe, my friends, is neither fancy nor difficult. You're not going to have to splurge on ingredients, and I'm pretty sure even Cody could cook it. There aren't any special cooking terms that you might need to decipher and I don't think you can make it incorrectly. It's something I feel like my mom would have cooked us growing up. Tasty, but it doesn't break the bank. It's perfect for BBQs or if you're short on dinner supplies and don't feel like going to the store.

Even just writing about the awesomeness that is Bean & Potato Casserole, I'm starting to crave it. Maybe I'll make it for dinner tonight...which would be plenty easy since I always have the ingredients on hand.



Bean & Potato Casserole
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes


4 to 5 medium size potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 1-lb can of vegetarian baked beans
1-2 tbsp dijon mustard (or something similar...nice & spicy)
Ground black pepper to taste. I use a lot.
Veggie cheese shreds

1. Preheat oven to 350° F In a large saucepan, boil potatoes in salted water until easily pierced with a fork.

2. In a medium sized bowl, combine the baked beans, mustard, and pepper. Mix well.

3. Lightly oil a large casserole dish. Layer the potatoes, baked beans, and a small amount of veggie cheese. Repeat this process until everything is gone then cover with more cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is starting to brown.



That's it! Super easy, super tasty...Cody likes to say that it tastes like baked beans...and potatoes. I'd be worried if it didn't! It's even better as leftovers because the potatoes absorbs more of the baked bean flavor. Yumm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!